Wednesday, November 24, 2010

turkey cupcakes!!


My mom and I just got finished making these epic cupcakes and they turned out freaking adorable.

I just used regular yellow cake mix and pre-made chocolate frosting because I have no idea how to make cake from scratch.

I feel like making these is fairly self explanatory, but I'm going to post some tips that I learned through trial and error because I made a lot of these. Look proof:


TIPS:
  • Make large cupcakes. Most recipes tell you to fill the baking cups about 2/3 full. No way. I'd fill mine until there was about a quarter to half inch from the top. This causes them to spread, giving you a larger space to make turkeys with!
  • Let the cupcakes cool for a long time. Seriously. I let these sit for about 2 hours before I even started preparing to frost them.
  • Have a healthy supply of toothpicks out. I used a bunch smoothing out the frosting that formed the head.
  • Frost the cupcakes first by using a knife. It doesn't need to look perfect, it's going to be covered up anyways :) Make a ziploc bag pastry bag to make the little head.



Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

No comments: