Monday, November 22, 2010


Yesterday I experimented with making lip balm. Again. This is the second time I've tried this and I'm not sure I enjoyed the process anymore this time around.

I did have adorable tins to use though! I save these up for projects such as this.

I also don't have a grater. I used a vegetable peeler to grate my beeswax block. Not the most efficient and I do not recommend it if you are as impatient as I am.

I didn't follow a recipe, more or less read a lot of different recipes and made my own. The main components were beeswax, jojoba oil, and almond oil. I had raspberry, orange, and cinnamon flavor oils and passionfruit guava scented oil and lavender scented oil. I used the same lipstick to color all three, just used different amounts.

The only problem I had was with the lavender scented oil. I didn't realize that the dropped topping the bottle didn't work at all, so when I went to use the oil, I literally POURED the oil in. Needless to say the lavender is overpowering. Big fail.

No comments: