Saturday, July 21, 2012

zucchini bread recipe.

Today I made zucchini bread because I've been getting a lot of zucchini from my garden.  I used a new recipe and it's definitely the best recipe so far!  I got the recipe here but altered it a bit.  
Changes:
  • I used regular white sugar because I have no idea what sucanat is
  • 3 extremely well packed cups of grated zucchini instead of 2.5 (seriously..I have a lot of zucchini)
  • I didn't use applesauce, but I added about 1/4 cup of light syrup (not maple syrup, just light pancake syrup)
  • I added about 1/4-1/2 cup of fat free milk
  • I used 3 cups of white whole wheat flour and no pastry flour
  • I added about 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips!
I went out and bought new bread pans especially for this!  Extra delicious..I'm glad it turned out so well.  They didn't rise very high, I think due to the different flour?  Whole wheat flour is a bit heavier, or so I've read.

I also went outside climbing today and found this rock.  ALL I CAN THINK OF IS HARRY POTTER.

2 comments:

LimeRiot said...

It looks delicious!! I love zucchini bread. Thanks for sharing.

LC said...

It turned out much better than I expected...I had read a lot about switching to whole wheat flour and how it really alters a recipe. Now I'm hoping to get a few more zucchini so I can make it again!