Monday, July 9, 2012

another completed afghan!

I FINALLY finished my second stashbuster blanket early Saturday morning.  According to Ravelry, I started it on December 26, 2010 so clearly I'm the slowest crocheter in the world (or the most easily distracted).  I got rid of 11 skeins of yarn making this project, made 66 hexagons and only had to purchase one to finish the borders.  It's mostly Impeccable Loops & Threads but there's some other stuff thrown in there as well.  The hexagons are from Beyond the Square and I think all 5 different ones are shown in the second picture.

I also finished the Game of Thrones series and, like the loser I am, just started reading book 1 because I have nothing better to do!  

I also explored my garden today.  Because I live in an apartment on the second floor, I can only put container plants on my balcony.  At my mom's, I've planted a bunch of different vegetables that are growing pretty well.  The zucchini, peppers and cucumbers are growing fantastically, and I've got quite a few baby pumpkins! 




Random dead bird next to my zucchini plants.  Now I don't want to eat anymore of them!

I saved a poinsettia plant my mom gave me for Christmas in 2011 and it's growing great, but it's all green.  I'm going to have to figure out when to cover it so it's red by Christmas!!


3 comments:

LimeRiot said...

Eeeep!! That afghan is amazing!! I love everything about it.

I'm not sure I'd want to eat the dead bird zucchinis either :).

LC said...

I know! I really hope the zucchinis I've already picked are pre dead bird, but I have no idea!! Haha.

Meg said...

The afghan looks awesome!!!