Wednesday, February 2, 2011

frustrated.

On Monday I drove to Lancaster to pick up this little gem:


I was so excited!  I drove to Flying Fibers directly from work to get there before they closed at 7.  Jerri, the owner, had put the wheel together for me and oiled everything up so it was ready to go.  I loaded it in the car, drove back home, brought it in the house and....I'm HORRIBLE at it.  Seriously.  I'm not sure which part of the concept is escaping my brain but I simply cannot do it.  I can treadle the wheel in both directions, I can stop the wheel with the treadle.  I know what everything is, but when I spin, the yarn is not pulled through the orfice and wound onto the bobbin which results in a lot of overspin.  I've tried loosening the tension, tightening the tension, treadling fast, slow, EVERYTHING and nothing works. 

I've Google'd the hell out of this and most websites say treadle slower, tighten the tension a teeny bit.  I'm going to give this a week of effort.  If I haven't figured it out by next week, I'm calling the fiber shop. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw, I'm so sorry! That sucks.
When you get it working, I can't wait to see everything you make on it!
I will finally start spinning very soon. I"m excited about it. :)