The chalk bag test run was a pretty good success. There were some problems, some notes for chalk bag round 2, but overall worked out great.
Here are some notes:
- Paton's Classics Wool Merino is awesome for this project.
- Cast on 80, garter stitch AT LEAST 4 rounds, possibly more.
- Test run did eyelets at round 15, only made 7. Next time, do them at round 15 again but space them better and possibly make 8.
- Crochet or knit another circle to reinforce the bottom, the decreasing creates small holes and I didn't felt it enough to completely fill those.
- GET BIGGER GROMMETS! I can't completely finish the test run until I return the grommets I got, they're too small!
On a side note, moving was a huge success! I'm all settled in, almost unpacked and going to get bad cats on Saturday!