Saturday, March 12, 2011

chalk bag round two.

I have not been making anything or blogging due to a bad case of bronchitis.  I actually took my first two sick days from work last Wednesday and Thursday and felt ultra guilty.  I went to the doctor on Thursday and was given some steroids to help me breathe, although they haven't really been working at all.  

On a better/side note, I kind of got a promotion at work!  Instead of working at the State Board of Medicine, I've moved to the State Board of Osteopathic Medicine and Podiatry, where I will actually be evaluating doctors and medical students and issuing licenses.  I've moved my desk over and will hopefully begin training next week!  I'll still be doing the work of my old job for some time and I'm hoping this double duty will keep me safe when the Governor lays off his 500 state employees.

Sometime last week, I finished my second (and hopefully the first usable) chalk bag.  I used my first attempt as a model and improved upon it quite a bit to make this second one more durable.  


First, I did more of a rolled edge and crocheted it so it would stay in place, making the thicker edge more even all the way around.  I also spaced out the eyelets much better so they'll be more even!


I added a crocheted loop to the edge for a carabiner instead of what the original pattern suggested, simply because I didn't like that idea.


On my first attempt, there were teeny holes in the bottom created from the decreasing knit stitches, so I crocheted a circle and sewed it into the bottom to help it hold chalk better!

I hope this attempt is actually usable, unlike my last one!  It is in the washing machine felting as I'm typing.

I've also started my third hat of 2011, a flapper hat featured at Rheatheylia!

Have a happy week everyone!

No comments: