Sunday, May 15, 2011

still working.

I'm still working on my secret project, which most people have figured out is my Mom's mother's day present.  I'm past the planning stages and now in the putting together stages!

I don't have much else to share except my Christmas 2010/Birthday 2011 present from my friend Kyle Dunn.  This is the person that Leonidas the Lion was for.

New hand-stitched leather wallet!  My old wallet is beyond old and gross, so now I have this lovely new one.  It's pretty much the perfect size, there's room for everything I need to carry, as well as the zipper pocket which is a requirement for me.  I'm pretty amazed at how great this turned out, he's really quite talented.





I also made cupcakes for my climbing partner today!  Completely from scratch, banana cupcakes with Nutella frosting.  In all honesty, the frosting is disgusting but it's what he wanted.  I mostly just really hate Nutella.  I got the recipe here.  I've spent some time searching around that blog and found great recipes.  I've already made one of the pasta recipes and have ingredients for another.  Next weekend I believe I'm going to try out the lime cupcakes!

3 comments:

NAS said...

Love the cupcake swirls! Good job!

Anonymous said...

That wallet is handmade??? That is pretty impressive!

LC said...

Isn't it though? He posts a lot of his projects here: http://kyledunn.tumblr.com/
He's very talented!