So I've used my new sewing machines for two projects this week!
First, I made curtains for my bathroom. Nothing overly difficult, just hemmed some fabric, mostly to get a feel for the machine.
Second, I used this tutorial from Stitched In Color (which is one of my favorite blogs to read) to make a quilted pillow cover. This is the first time I've EVER quilted anything, so of course I dove right in and free motion quilted both pillow top and bottom. I tried to do this looped meandering stitch, but it is far from perfect. I chose thread that matched the fabric so the many imperfections are not really noticeable. Also instead of making a LOVE pillow (I'm mostly an ant-Valentine's Day type), I stitched part of my blog header onto it because I really like that design. The zipper isn't great, but the invisible zipper tutorial within the pillow tutorial is phenomenal and I suggest everyone bookmark it for future reference!
(this is the best picture I could get of the quilting =/)
Next up is a quilted chalk bucket that my friend Lauren in Nashville helped draft a pattern for!